4th to 5th March 2017
Hong Kong Academy
33 Wai Man Road
Sai Kung, NT
Pre-departure To-Do List
When you arrive on the Saturday morning of the conference you will be asked to choose which excursion or workshop you’d like to participate in on Saturday afternoon. Please read the descriptions for the Saturday Afternoon Experiences and choose your top FIVE prior to arrival in order to make sign up easier when you arrive.
Check the packing list below and ensure you pack appropriately.
3. Tee 4 Tee
Bring a presentable, quality tee-shirt that will be donated to a local charity in Hong Kong. You will donate this shirt when you are given your GIN Conference t-shirt.
4. Workshop or Service & Action Fair Preparation
Please click here to review the guidelines for student-led workshops and booths. Prepare everything you need for your workshop or booth. Please email us if you have any questions.
Passport with visa.
Please note: Hong Kong’s weather is quite unpredictable at this time of year and it is wise to check the weather when you are packing.
- 2~3 comfortable pants or shorts
- 2~3 underwear
- 2~3 shirts
- 2~3 pairs of socks
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Jacket or hoodie (it may get chilly)
- Tee 4 Tee (bring a clean and presentable t-shirt to donate to a local charity in exchange for your GIN t-shirt)
- First-aid kit (in case you fall ill)
- Umbrella/raincoat (in case it rains)
- Small shampoo/soap
- Small daypack
- Other personal essentials
- Binoculars (if you plan to go on the Mai Po Nature Reserve excursion)
- Money (if you want to purchase souvenirs)
- Device (laptop / phone for note-taking and activities)
- Insect repellant